The standard duration of a GW4-CAT fellowship funding award is three years (or part-time equivalent) from the date of registration at your host institution.
Successful Research Training Fellows will be awarded a grant from the Wellcome Trust, which will cover:
- A clinical salary, which will be negotiated after appointment in line with the ‘UK clinical academic training in medicine and dentistry: principles and obligations’ document
- University tuition fees at the home rate
- A consumables budget (likely to be between £15-35K in total), subject to justification and approval by the GW4-CAT Board of Directors
- £5000 per GW4-CAT fellow for training and travel
- Some carer support costs where necessary, subject to approval
- Funding for animal costs will also be available if required but this will be considered on an individual project basis and will be subject to approval by the Wellcome Trust
- It is expected that the research environment of your supervisory team will be well equipped, so expensive equipment costs are not usually supported.