The standard duration of a GW4-CAT HP fellowship funding award is three years (or part-time equivalent) from the date of registration at your host institution.
Successful Research Training Fellows will be awarded a grant from the Wellcome Trust, which will cover:
- A clinical salary, which will be negotiated after appointment in line with the ‘UK clinical academic training in medicine and dentistry: principles and obligations’ document
- University tuition fees
- A consumables budget (likely to be between £15-35K in total), subject to justification and approval by the GW4-CAT HP Board of Directors
- £5,000 per GW4-CAT HP fellow for training and travel
- Some carer support costs where necessary, subject to approval
- A funding supplement will be available for projects that focus on experimental medicine, imaging or animal work. This will be considered on an individual project basis and will be subject to approval by the GW4-CAT HP Directors. Please discuss this in the first instance with the Programme Manager
- It is expected that the research environment of your supervisory team will be well equipped, so expensive equipment costs are not usually supported.