GW4-CAT is a three-year (full-time) PhD programme, which provides exceptional support, training and guidance from world-leading academics and research environments.
Call for applications for a 2021 start will be live in early February 2020.
Deadline will be 6th March 2020.
What we offer
You will receive a prestigious Wellcome Trust PhD Training Fellowship for Clinicians through GW4-CAT, which includes:
- Generous funding for three years (full-time), which will include a clinical salary, tuition fees, an appropriate consumables and animals (if required) budget, and £5000 for training and travel. For more information, see our ‘Funding’ page
- Access to world-leading research groups and facilities
- Dedicated support from a member of the Board of Directors and to help you put together a project proposal, which best utilises the advantages of working within the GW4 alliance
- A clinical mentorship scheme, which will assist you with a smooth transition from academic to clinical work
- An extensive range of training opportunities, both specific cohort training organised by GW4-CAT and access to training across the GW4-CAT institutions
- A well-developed cohort with ties across three institutions
- Some flexibility as to PhD start-dates and working-patterns. Your personal circumstances and preferences will always be carefully considered
- An exclusive administrative team