Programme Update 28th October 2021
We are pleased to announce the Wellcome Trust-funded GW4-CAT Programme which was previously open to medical, veterinary, and dental graduates, is now open to ALL health professionals who are registered with a UK regulatory body. Please see the recent GW4 PRESS RELEASE for more information.
GW4-CAT HP is a three-year (full-time) PhD programme, which provides exceptional support, training and guidance from world-leading academics and research environments.
What We Offer
You will receive a prestigious Wellcome Trust PhD Training Fellowship for Clinicians through GW4-CAT HP, which includes:
- Generous funding for three years (full-time), which will include a clinical salary, tuition fees, an appropriate consumables and animals (if required) budget, and £5,000 for training and travel. For more information, see our ‘Funding’ page
- Access to world-leading research groups and facilities
- Dedicated support from a member of the Board of Directors and to help you put together a project proposal, which best utilises the advantages of working within the GW4 alliance
- A clinical mentorship scheme, which will assist you with a smooth transition from academic to clinical work
- An extensive range of training opportunities, both specific cohort training organised by GW4-CAT and access to training across the GW4-CAT institutions
- A well-developed cohort with ties across three institutions
- Some flexibility as to PhD start-dates and working-patterns. Your personal circumstances and preferences will always be carefully considered
- An exclusive administrative team
For an idea of what to expect after appointment, see our ‘Programme Timeline’